There is a little bit of Steve Jobs residing in many of us, who not only like technology but long for beauty and sophistication too. When it comes to a computer on which we are spending our maximum time of the day, making presentations, calculating sales figures, or using it for any other damn reason, how can we forget about the login screen’s looks and feel?
Yes, we do get bored after looking at the static screens, and if you are looking to add some sparkle and personality to your machines, then customization of the wallpaper is one such activity you might be interested in. Let’s add some color and dynamism to your otherwise static and boring screens by selecting one of some great software mentioned in this article, to customize the wallpapers on our machines.
You may call it a Dynamite program, which has inherited its basic features from its commercial counterpart, WallMaster Pro.
- It has user friendly interface and full context-sensitive help.
- Wallpaper changes on Windows start-up.
- Different background can be used for different wallpapers.
- To fix dark images Gamma correction facility is provided.
- Position of the wallpaper can be decided (tile, centre, screen-fit, auto fit or custom).
- Supports different formats (BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF, PCX, TGA, and WMF).
- Hiding of the desktop icons is possible for maximum coverage by the wallpaper.
- Frequency of particular wallpaper can be set by giving rating to different wallpapers.
- Auto start and auto-close are possible after 30 seconds to save system resources.
- Monitoring and addition of files is simple.
- Change of wallpaper can be set in different modes (sequential order, shuffle mode or random order according to ratings)
- It allows adding up to a maximum 5,000 images per category in the free version
It is another program for wallpaper customization that comes in free and paid versions.
- Simple and easy to use versions
- Wallpaper change on start-up is provided.
- Auto shut-down is possible.
- Timer setting and cycling of wallpapers is allowed.
- Multilevel categories can be defined for image control. It helps in automatic detection of new wallpapers coming in the linked folders on the hard drive.
- Positioning of images on desktop for each wallpaper in different categories is allowed (default, centre, tile, stretch (as per height, width, fill) or no stretch).
- Slide show is possible.
- Manage CPU load by not allowing cycling when CPU is too busy.
- Paid version has more spectacular features like wallpaper layouts, tags, search folders and so on.
This is a powerful one stop shop paid wallpaper changer, which can satisfy most of your desires for desktop decorations.
- Simple and easy to use interface which provides fantastic control on Wallpaper.
- Tool tips for clear understanding pops up when you hovers upon the screen elements.
- Top screen has directory of pictures to select photos of your choice and set its position on desktop (default is centre for Windows).
- Image change speed is controllable.
- Apart from stretching and tiling, other customizations like setting a background against wallpaper image is possible. For this effective merge powerful alpha-blended fading is provided.
- You can select multiple directories for the list of wallpaper images.
- Opacity, color of images can be modified and special effects capability makes this program worth considering.
- Controlling capabilities over images also include filtration of images as per the date, size and filename.
- Images supported are *.jpg;*.jpeg;*.gif;*.bmp;*.png;*.rle;*.tga;*.pcx; Camera RAW.
- Installation and uninstallation are easy.
- Trial version comes for 28 days to take a feel of the program.
It’s a free open source program which allows you to change the wallpaper of the welcome screen.
- It is simple and easy to use.
- Professional looks with user friendly interface.
- It’s a small, portable and fast program.
- Allow you to use your own graphics.
- System files or related components will see no change.
- No installation is required.
- No admin rights are mandatory.
- Creates JPEG files based on the wallpaper images you want to put on for Windows 7 login screen.
- Cropping, sizing with best compression quality is possible.
- It provides wonderful animations for images.
This wallpaper changer works with optional calendar.
- It supports multiple monitors and features.
- Auto exit, time intervals and selection of images from folders on hard disk and online resources like Flickr, Picasa Web Albums, and Facebook etc. is also possible.
- Positioning of wallpaper such as, to centre, stretch, and scale, a thumbnail mosaic, four-picture montage or snapshot scrapbook is allowed (for all wallpapers but not one).
- Downloaded or used in montage images can be viewed using picture browser.
- No slide show is available.
There are many more in the market like Wally ( a cross platform wallpaper customizer), Adolix Wallpaper Changer ( with a built-in screen capture utility), Wallperizer ( with a calendar feature, runs directly from an executable file), BioniX Desktop Wallpaper Changer Lite ( free wallpaper manager supporting playlists dual monitor support, more features in paid version) to choose from. Filter your requirements and resources to take the final call.